iMindMap Desktop

How can we improve iMindMap Desktop?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Please update to support Retina Display

In Mac version, Please update to support Retina Display for New Macbook pro Retina display mid 2012.

71 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    14 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Phill responded

We can confirm the following workaround from Richard Lindesay fixes the issue, however there may still be some issues with 3D View:

Go to applications

Find iMindMap 6

Right click and choose “show package contents”

Browse to the contents folder

Open the Info.plist file in a text editor

Near the bottom of the file before , add the following:

NSHighResolutionCapable

Save the text file

Go back to applications and make a copy of the iMindMap 6 application (this lets the MAC OS know that there has been a change)

Delete the original copy, and rename the new copy from “iMindMap 6 Copy” to “iMindMap 6”

Run the new iMindMap6 application, and it will display properly in retina (except for 3d view which is still upscaled).

Thank you for sharing the info!

2. Flowchart alignment

The flowchart needs to have some alignment tools such as:

1. Aligning flowchart elements horizontally and vertically
    2. Grouping and autospacing flowchart elements

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Off line access to Cloud Mind Maps using Mac - like iOS version

I would like to be able to access my mind maps on my Mac which are stored in / synced to the Cloud even when I have no internet connection - like I can with iPad or iPhone. Until I can do this I need to save them all to my hard disk as well and that gets really clunky as I have to save each twice (and rename them when storing to the Cloud).

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. "Real" Auto-save?

In MindManager you have an auto-save function, you choose it and all of your open Mind Maps will be saved in the background according to your settings.

In iMindMap 5 and 6 you´ll also find an auto-save function but it does´t quite work that way. Yes, your maps will be "restorable" if something goes wrong but they aren´t really saved like manually choosing so. So, when you are done you´ll have to do a hole lot of saving - right!?

Saving large Mind Maps in iMindMap takes time, also in 6 so far. What I´m looking for is too have…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Customize Keyboard Shortcuts (mac)

Issues:
    1) Cannot customize keyboard shorcuts

(additionally):
    - cannot customize tool bar (like you can on most other mac applications)
    - cannot pinch-to zoom

On Mac, on OSX (Lion) progarms, you can customize hotkeys.
    (Preference > keyboard > application).

These are not compatible with Think Buzan.

Please kindly implement complete keyboard customization.

The lack of Keyboard shortcut customization was the reason I didn't buy the software. (+ pinch to zoom & lack of Toolbar customization).

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. give input directly on the branch with a graphics tablet

I think it would be great and much more natural, to submit data using graphic pen directly on the mental maps and acora better directly on a branch, it may open the use mind maps to other uses such as mathematics that today it is difficult for trouble writing the mathematical terms with the keyboard..

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create native Mac app, not java-based

The native Mac apps look better, are faster, and UI is beautiful. Now it is not.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Working in 3D-view: Drag and drop!?

WORKING in 3D-view... So stimulating, beautiful and intuitive.

But to not interrupt the "flow" - please allow dragging and dropping branches, just like in 2D-view!!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Beginning of text input lost when speed-mindmapping (Mac OS-X)

When I typing text to start new branches (i.e. hit Tab to open child branch, (or Return to open sibling) then start typing immediately to enter text) very often the first few letters of my input get lost - just don't show up. Like there's a time delay that results in keyboard input getting lost. If I Tab/Return to start a new branch and then wait a few significant seconds, it's usually OK. But it's irritating, and I lose precious time while the person speaking carries on...
    Also, often, after entering a branch's text, the full text doesn't show up…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. search pictures by name in the computer

when you open the image manager, in addition to search, the images included in iMindMap you can search for images in folders on your computer, this is already a good thing, I am in the computer I have a folder that contains all the images, which usually use in maps, these are many and it is difficult to find one that serves me, that would be fantastic if you could search by name in the folder.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Mac version of iMindMap Desktop

Hi,

I've been an avid user of iMindMap since version 7 and have paid for the original license, as well as for the last 3 updates. Although some functionality has been added, severe problems still remain that render iMindMap a less-than-optimal choice for a productive environment.

First of all, iMindMap Desktop Mac keeps on crashing often when trying to close the program, sometimes also on start up which makes a hard reset via the activity monitor necessary.

Printing options are really bad, since iMindMap doesn't use the system dialogues offered by the OS itself - like any other program I'm…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Select tool should scroll sketch tool when required

If you have an image in sketch thats wider than the current sketch tool window, and you wan to select it, you cant, as the select tool will only 'go as far as' the visible view in the window. Would be nice to auto-scroll the sketch tool window if your 'selection' needs to be bigger than the current window size

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Flowcharts

Currently the flowcharts are very amateurish and buggy, not really suitable for professional use. Elements move on their own after they have been placed, introducing dog-legs into the connecting arrows. Selecting an element (in order to copy or edit its text, for example) makes it move slightly. The elements don't resize properly to fit the text inside them. There is no grid layout, autospacing, autolayout or similar function, and this (coupled with the habit of the elements to move on their own) makes it impossible to produce profesional looking flowcharts.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. central idea vector graphics

It would be nice if the central idea was a vector graphic from the same stable as the box graphics, enabling the user to start with a bracket, rounded rectangle, star etc. These would resize nicely without pixelation and look much neater and professional than the current bitmap images in the central idea library.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable search by first letter of font name in the font chooser

It is native Mac behaviour to choose anything from the list by typing the first letter. It scrolls down to the first word with this letter. It could help a lot. Using native dev. enviroment would sokve this too!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Where is the autosave location of a mindmap that has been lost?

Where is the autosave location for mindmaps that have been lost.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Sorting branches only once !!! - reordering directly in the main tab

When I create branches and subbranches, which I sort directly using my trackpad or the buttons "move branch up/down or the shortcuts "alt+up/down" why do i need to go to "Format"-> "Branch ordering" menu and do the job a second time. it's a waste of time and efficiency.
    Further more this "branch ordering" menu is not practical as each time you move one branche all of them expand which is messy. It is not possible to keep them collapsed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 3D images

3D 'rotation' of images :
    I use images e.g. a company logo .png in a map. In 3D mode, the images do not skew/rotate in a '3D' way. This prevents me from using imm for presentations

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Presentation mode affected by automatic branch ordering

I find this issue when I populate a map using smart layout or if I draw a map and then update the branch ordering from the specific function in the inspector.

What I get in the presentation mode is the main branches and sub-branches appear (grow naturally) in a clockwise order on the right side of the map, while on the left side the main branches appear in a clockwise order while the sub branches appear in an anti-clockwise order, affecting the natural flow.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. SETTING: 3D as default!?

WORKING in 3D in fullscreen-mode (and flying between desktops in Mac/Lion..) - you just can´t go back to 2D! :)

Anyway: When you boot up a Mind Map in iMindMap it´s always in "Mind Map"- (= 2D-) mode, right!? Maybe that could change? What about a setting?

Right now I would like some of my Mind Maps to always show up in 3D. (And one day I might not any longer know what 2D is!) I would like to get rid of that extra 3D-button click every time I open up... Something which, by the way, is a 1% extra…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

iMindMap Desktop

Feedback and Knowledge Base