iMindMap Cloud and iMindMap for Web

What would you like to see in iMindMap Cloud and iMindMap for Web?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. imindmap web player

I would really love to be able to use a java applet that would play imindmap files within the browser. This is really the only way for visitors to feel the power of the tool and the creativity it gives. No need of much more than expand and collapse or something similar to the presentation mode (back and forward).

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Let iMindMap for iPad sync with iMindMap Online

Synching between all the different iMindMap clients via iMindMap mobile would be the killer feature for me. Currently only MindMeister does it, but they are not a REAL mind-mapping tool, are they? :-) And if you could then manage to make Child MindMaps available in the desktop version, the mobile version and in online, with creating child mind maps easily and navigating between them back and forth, then iMindMap would really have the potential to become the single most important productivity tool for a lot of business people.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Thinkbuzan Cloud - Importing more than one file at a time

Hi! I´m marvelled with Imindmap Freedom. I´ve been anxiously expecting the new version for Ipad, since I need to constantly review my study mind maps (almost a 1000).

So I really hope you could change how importing to the Cloud works. As it is now, we can only send one desktop mind map at a time to the Cloud.

On top of that, we have to write it´s name again or rename it, for every single file!!!

My suggestion is to adopt the same technology Dropbox (and other similar cloud based softwares), that is, to have a folder in our…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Mark responded

Now available for freedom subscribers

4. Hosting of online mindmaps on external websites (www.otstudent.info)?

This is probably not possible, but it would be great if a mindmap which is editable on iMindMap online could be hosted on another website such as www.otstudent.info. In a similar way that a comments box can be put on a website and users contribute to the discussions, it would be good to be able to have users of my site be able to edit a basic mindmap and make suggestions in mindmap form. The benefit of this would be that they could try mindmapping before downloading a trial and could add more interactivity to my site.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Is anyone actually using iMindMap Online?

I wonder whether the amount of ideas posted about iMindMap Online (0 before this one) indicate how much it is being used?

While it is a very good thing to have access to, I wonder if it needs to be altered somehow.

For example, if everyone in the world had free access to iMindMap Online, but could not save any changes they made (and there was some feature that prevent snipping tool/screen captures?)

It would be good to be able to collaborate on a mindmap, but even with Ultimate I only have 12 months access, and anyone who doesnt own…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Share non-editable map online

I think Michael Landers' idea(s) about invitations and open collaboration would be great for the online product. But it would also be nice to be able to share your maps as non-editable versions, so you can link to them, or even embed them on another site. Anyone should be able to view a map if you choose to share it, and that doesn't have to imply collaboration. Also, it might be an easy first step to towards MindMeister-like collaboration.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Unable to Sync with Online Mind Map

Open online mind map and make changes to it from the desktop, you are not able to sync it back to the online version.

From the comments in this section at this time it doesn't appear anyone is actually using iMindMap Online. Lot of ideas of possibilities for the feature. Unless you can sync the online map to the desktop then it is really only an online map.

The online map works smoother, faster to load than my desktop. Version 5 desktop is twice as slow as version 4, but the online is even faster than version 4.

The online…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Synchronisation

It took me some time before I understood how synchronisation works in iMindMap 5.

When you open an online document and edit it on your desktop, it's not enough to click "Save Online" to ensure the new version is stored on the cloud.

You have to go to Open Online and synchronize your mindmap from there.

It doesn't seem obvious to me that one should click "Open..." in order to update a document on the cloud. "Save" would have made more sense.

In addition to that, when I exit iMindMap on the desktop, it should warn me in case of…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Suggestion: collaborative inviting for everyone - in comparision to mindmeister

Hello,

first: The online version is great - BUT i would reccomend that i can work in a same pricing/feature thing like it is possible in MindMeister:
    http://www.mindmeister.com/home/editions

For us iMindMap 5 Ultimate or Pro Users it is clear we have an account - but we cannot share our map with other people except they have iMindMap Online or an iMindMap 5 license.

It would be much better if we can invite everybody to share a MindMap.
    We can do everything but the person who is invited can do less, till this person upgrades to a other version of iMindMap…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Move iMindMap to different folders in the cloud

In iMindmap v6.1
    1) I have to open the iMindMap,
    2) Save it to the cloud in the new folder I want to place it.
    3) Go to the original location and Delete the map.

If there was an open on the cloud to move the iMindMap to a new folder that would be a lot less work and much quicker when you have a slow internet connection.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  James responded

Hi Henry, this has been added to the desktop as of 6.1.1

11. More iMindmap for business

Add also more serious images and related to the business world

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Unicode Assistance

Enable Unicode assistance like other web based products. I tried to type in Sinhala, it works - but the characters are not displayed at all (not even distorted) after the completion of input.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Faster overview screen

The "overview screen", i.e. the one with tiles of your online mindmaps, is hideously slow. It takes ages for it to appear, and when it does appear, it takes even longer to render the thumbnails of your maps. And during the time it takes to render the thumbnails, the page is barely responsive.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Mark responded

this is now available at thinkbuzancloud.com

14. A few suggestions

Trying to get to grips with the cloud idea and if indeed it will really be useful. On the whole it seems it has the potential to be extremely useful.

I don't know if there are limitations to what can be done but i have a few suggestions for consideration in ThinkBuzan Cloud

It would be great to delete files all at once. Seem to only be able to do one at a time.

Drag and drop files between folders, or have some way to move them to another folder.

Can only see part of a file name, annoying that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  James responded

now with iMindMap for Web at app.imindmap.com we have tooltips on the map names, multi-select for maps, move function and a list view

15. Can't save map when images have been inserted

I seem to ba having problems trying to save my map when using iMindMap Online in that the progress indicator appears but then the application hangs indefinately. When you close the map your changes have been lost.

After repeated attempts to save changes it appears that the problem occurs when you insert an image on a branch (it saves ok prior to this), after this it seems to stop the map from being saved.

Ryan

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

iMindMap Cloud and iMindMap for Web

Feedback and Knowledge Base