General

Welcome to the iMindMap Feedback Forums. Please note this forum is used for letting us know about new feature ideas and feedback on existing ideas for iMindMap.

Please do not use this forum as a support area, if you have any questions or technical problems please visit our support centre at http://support.thinkbuzan.com . Messages relating to a support query will be removed.

Thank you!

Any ideas you have that don't fit into other categories...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Set sibling detail level

Working with a large map requires you to see the train of thought which led to this node, but often there are many levels of sibling nodes.

In order to navigate properly, you need to be able to set the level of siblings displayed to continue navigating or adding items.

Would like a function to set sibling detail, or even allow a sweeping motion from one node, pop up it's siblings, move to a sibling, it expands further, etc. much like walking down a corridor and opening doors.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add and Label Printing Paper Sizes

In the printing window, you label paper sizes as A5 or B4 or C3 (etc.). Many in the US (like me) don't know those sizes easily. We use 8.5 x 11, 11 x17, 8.5 x 14, etc.. Please add the paper measurements to the choices.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Version 5.3, running in Mac OS Lion, refresh

It does not refresh the screen until the zoom button is used. Problem occurs when add, delete, resize branches. Very difficult to use this version. It is worse then previous.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. apple remote integration for presentation

I would like presenting using apple remote device

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Suggestion with pressing Tab to add Branch

After editing a new branch, we must press "Enter" before pressing "Tab" to add a new branch. I don't think the space created by pressing tab is necessary while editing a branch, so why not make tab "Enter + Tab" so we can add branches faster. thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Export image as vector eps

It would be nice to export a image as vector eps because of publishing reason. Every designer/publisher can work very well with vector eps images to get good printing quality.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hotkey for Start Preentation from Here

(I'm using Mac version of iMindMap5) Currently, the only way to go into Presentation view starting at the selected node, is via a right-click menu option. This is clunky to do when presenting to a group live (that is, the audience see this menu selection being done). It would be far better to have a hotkey/keyboard shortcut for this. Also ... you need to also add this menu option to the standard View menu. Currently, the only place this function exists is on the right-click menu. As a hotkey example from Windows world ... pressing F5 starts a PowerPoint slideshow,…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Loss of branch font propreties

Branches lose their font properties when they are transferred from one branch to another (copy paste, cut paste 2) or when creating a child mind map.
    Example : If I make some branches bold or change it's text size; i lose those properties if i choose to cut-paste it within another branch or worse, if i chose to make a child map which basically makes me lose all the work I put into those branches.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Let us Share Custom Styles

It would be awesome if you could create a space where users could share custom styles. It would stimulate the creation of mindblowing styles and allow everyone to increase their options for different map's looks. Template sharing could be established too. Biggerplate works with lots of software and is not a very easy to use website.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. shortcut for zoom with macbook doesn't works

as per in the title
    the shortcut for zoom doesn't work!

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. expand collapse

when i expand a branch it is generally because I have collapsed the other branches and want to work on a particular one - however - expand only expands to the next level - it would be really useful if there was an option to be able to expand everything above a certain branch instead of having to select each sub branch individually

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Não há tutoriais oficiais do iMindMap 5 em Português

Não há tutoriais oficiais do iMindMap 5 em Português, nem legendado. Existe alguma solução alternativa?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Default Format in Notes?

I mean come on V5 and no one has the ability to change the default format in Notes?!!!

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Hello Sir Tony Buzan i love using mind maps for explaining things to my frnds n other people...i usu

Hello Sir Tony Buzan i love using mind maps for explaining things to my frnds n other people...i usually do that by recording the mind map using screen capture softwares like Cam Studio..... i got idea for ur iMind Map software... u can have a screen capture feature in the iMindMap software itself so that people can record videos of their Mind Maps....this would be a great feature in iMindMap.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Notes needs to be updated badly

Is it just me or is anyone else sick of the way this software handles a text note. Why can't we cut and paste to the way we would like it formatted and then save it as our default?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Sketch bug

I find that the sketch tool in iMM4 is much better than the one in iMM5, I am unable to re-size the Sketch tool frame, which makes it difficult for me to crop images. Also, when i crop an image the "save button" is still gray and not clicable. Finally, why is it I can't make the inside of any of the geometry shapes transparent, this way i can circle a particular portion of the picture which i want to emphasize on (the way it used to be in iMM4).

Also, the spreadsheet idea is good, but not well done,…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Drag and Drop Internet links

I'm having real problems with this App it seems very clunky. I'd like to drag and drop links from browser but anything I drop on a node is put into text. It will not let me drop on the links tab. Personal Brain drag and drop is sooooo much better. 1. it highlights the receiving object 2. I just does the right thing with what your dropping

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Images via URL

As someone who uses quite a lot of images for mind maps (and finding the native "image search" quite random/ineffectual) I was wondering if it is possible have an option to use image URLs when inserting images? I think this would be beneficial for two main reasons:

1. Most people have online image libraries or albums and they would then just have to right click on the image to copy the its URL and then paste it into the appropriate image selection box on the mind map.
    2. It would allow the user to find images via the various internet…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. iMindmap for windows mobile devices?

iMindmap for windows mobile devices?
    I would love to use my pda to create mindmaps with customers and then to be able to download them on my PC for enhancment

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Default setting for branch text alignment

It would be helpful if you could set the default branch text alignment as in v4. I prefer to have my text center aligned on the branch most of the time so I'm finding that I have to realign this with every new branch. Maybe it could be included as part of the style settings?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base