Any ideas you have that don't fit into other categories...

improve notes view

In iMindMap 4, notes appear close to the branch you're interested in and at a sensible size. In 5 they appear in a tall thin window on the right of the screen which can be far from the relevant branch and is painful for notes better suited to landscape format (eg images). The HTML tab was useful too. ps entering these comments doesn't work very well in IE9, I get a tiny box in a very tall thin window.

153 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    rsettle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David Sturt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just started using iMindMap 8 and I miss what to me are basic features such as setting a default font for notes, being able to cut and paste plain text (ideally as selectable default) and being able to spell check notes.

• jinky89 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wanted to suggest some further improvements for notes:

•possibility to set a default style for notes

•add to the character options: superscript and subscript

It would be great to be able to enter notes in hand drawings. practically have a Sketch Tool in the tool notes

• aleme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

for me it would be extremely useful to embed images within the notes

• AdminPhill (Admin, ThinkBuzan) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi All,

Many thanks for your suggestions.

We are currently working on updating the Notes editor taking on board your suggestions.

Unfortunately we are unable to confirm an exact time as to when this will be available I'm afraid. But we'll be sure to let you all know once we have implemented these updates.

We appreciate your valuable feedback.

Best regards,

Phill

• Leon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Notes are an important part to any system and frankly what we have been given is horribly average and to me a major disappointment. Noticed an admin commenting last in 2011 here.
        Please fix increase and decrease indenting as well.

improve the integration between the desktop notes and notes on mobile devices, it is absurd that if I open a note on the iPad I lose all the formatting on the desktop, another bad thing, and can not see notes in presentation mode on your smartphone.
        I published an idea that talks about this, vote it: http://feedback.thinkbuzan.com/forums/156176-imindmap-for-ipad-iphone/suggestions/3477223-improve-visualization-of-notes-on-iphone-and-ipad

• Stephen Kunkel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Allowing one to define the default notes font (as part of a custom style) would also be really nice.

• kamake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please revive autohide sidebar.. and make a hotkey to close side bar.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be useful if there was a facility to collate all the notes and be able to export them to Word or an equivalent.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with auto hide option after editing note. it is annoying every time I have to click small close button.

• shaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

one of thing I would lie to improve is the auto hide opinion. When I had windows this came standard, but since I now how mac, each time I go to add something I have to close it down. Auto hide would be much better I think.

• Das77 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some comments in the "Improve notes view" post are describing what i meant in a similar way and described as the "mouse over note popup". Having that feature would be great, as long as the popup doesn't take that much space and it goes away when the mouse is moved away from the notes icon on the branch. We can delete this post and transfer the votes to "Improve notes view". Thanks

• NicT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like the idea to be able to put insert floating multi-coloured small post-it type notes onto a map. This would allow you to park idea that don't quite fit and then incorporate them into the mind map at a later point. It would be really great if you could then drag the note onto a branch and then have it create a new branch off that existing branch.
        Thinking about it a bit more it would be great to be able to connect these little post- it notes to a branch as a small icon. Then when you clicked on it would open up and allow you to have a small amount of text or notes. These could then be summarised / listed in the right hand notes pane. In fact what would be great is if this could also be incorporated into the outline pane so that you could get an full outline and then choose to show (or indeed hide) the notes and comments attributed to the particular branches.
        I put a separate post up separately but am happy to have my comments combined with this post.

• AdminCharlotte (Admin, ThinkBuzan) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Das77 and Eduardo,

It seems that there is an increasing demand for improvements within the notes feature and we are recording all feedback.

It would be great if you could contribute all your suggestions on how you feel that notes can be improved. Good point about votes Eduardo.. Das77 if you wanted to put your votes towards the alternative thread just let me know and I can remove this suggestion (Your votes will be restored).

I won't remove anything without anyones permission, of course!

Many thanks,

Charlotte

• Eduardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Das77. I almost created a topic similar to yours today, but I realized that there is already one talking about the necessity to improve Notes visualization, so I gave 3 votes to it. Maybe you should vote there too, so it can get higher on development team priority list.
        The topic is: "Improve notes view" (or something like that).

• Das77 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PS. I love the "clean up" tool and placed it my Quick Access toolbar, i use it often and it really keeps me going!

• Doug Mather commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The mouseover pop-up for notes was REALLY useful. Quick access to notes. The new way that notes can only be accessed via the inspector is HORRIBLE. The window is too small, unattractive to look at, and off putting because of all the "clutter" from the inspector heading. This is a serious backward step in usability and user experience.

• Eduardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the way imindmap 4 showed notes, the floating mouse-over cool feature. I´m a lawyer and I always make reference to law articles in my mindmaps and I liked to be able to mouse-over the article and rapidly read it if I didn´t remember what it said. The side-window should be retired, as it takes too much windows space and has a will of its own: after you read a note you have to turn on "auto-hide" again, everytime!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base