Any ideas you have that don't fit into other categories...

make relationships easier to manage

if I drag from the target of one branch to the target of another existing branch, it would be nice to interpret that as wanting a relationship between branches. In 4.1 it used to create a weird connected branch, it does nothing in 5. I wouldn't mind holding down the ctrl key to indicate that's what I wanted, saves finding the home tab and clicking the relationship icon.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
rsettle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • rsettle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The alt thing is great, but it's not documented, as of 5.2 online help.

• Mats Sigge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I learned yesterday that holding the Alt key is a shortcut for drawing a relationship. But I agree that more available anchor points would be an improvement.

• Linux Guy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

rsettle, you are right - relationship arrows now do not fully serve the Buzan's intended purpose I'm afraid - they cannot point to e.g. a single word or an image, and the line text apparently cannot be moved or be shown perpendicular to the line. In addition they seem not to be considered a part of a map - when I press "fit to screen" button, they usually land behind the screen.

• rsettle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be nice if there were more anchor points than just the start/end of a branch too, eg the middle of a branch, and if you could have a gap between the end of the relationship arrow and the branch it's pointing to, and if you could move a relationship line (maybe you can but it always seems to select the branch target when you try and select the end of a relationship)

Feedback and Knowledge Base