Any ideas you have that don't fit into other categories...

Icon library

Why so small and limited? I hoped for more arrows, stars, and other types of "flags" for key ideas.

58 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    ChasChas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  CharlotteCharlotte responded  · 

Hi all, please update your iMindMap software to iMindMap 5.5 for expanded Icon Library!

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • pochin hsupochin hsu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have iMindmap 5.5 running on Mac Lion.
        Can I remove the project icon if not necessary in some of the branches?

• COLCOL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks a lot ThinkBuzan team! way to go on improving our IMM :) we really appreciate that our feedbacks & requests are considered and really worked on for completion. I hope that improvement of ribbons and mac user interface will be next to be completed ... thanks again .. keep up the excellent work!

• PIAPIA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Animated icons will surely add spice & liven up presentation plus a memory booster. I hope to see this improvement update next year :)

• Fozzy BearFozzy Bear commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I think the same and need more emotions and possebilities in de Icon gallery. I read that it is goinig and i am glad.

• Naomi MerciecaNaomi Mercieca commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am rather disappointed with the icon library in version 5. I used to run version 3 before this version, and I miss the vast icon library in version 3. Furthermore, I have not yet managed to find a way of adding more than one icon to a branch. In version 3 I used to have branches with 3 or 4 icons and no words at all.

Other than that, I am very happy with the program. Keep up the good work!

• KJKJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are complicated things to sort out, and there are simple things to sort out. Increasing the number of useful icons surely comes under the latter rather than the former category? Another major weakness in iMindMap.

• CharlotteAdminCharlotte (Admin, ThinkBuzan) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all,

I can confirm that we are looking into extending the image library for a future update in response to the feedback we have received and the requests for an improved and larger selection of images.

Development has already started on the 5.4 update, so we will not be implementing any immediate changes, however I would like to assure you that this is a project that we have scheduled. I will keep you informed with regards to progress.

Carl, in response to your comment the voting system is controlled by the Uservoice Forum and not ThinkBuzan, so unfortunately your votes can not be restored until your suggestion is implemented or declined.

We very rarely decline suggestions as we consider all feedback, so I would suggest that you share your ideas on similar topics or threads if you are unable to start a new suggestion.

The forum need not be rendered redundant, as you are still free to comment on all existing threads and the forum is monitored daily with all comments recorded.

• CarlCarl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So many icons about the weather, do we really communicate that much about the weather?

• Kashif Kashif commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could you tell me how to copy and paste icons from v4 to v5. I right clicked the image and copied and tried to paste but with no success. Di you need a special version of Imindmap? I have Imindmamp 5 the incomplete version as I did not purchase it after my 7 day free trial. Thanks.

• RyanRyan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new icon set is not a good as the set in v4. It was really useful to have a set of symbols you could quickly access that clearly signified things. The new set doesn't and appears not have equivalents to the old set. For example, in the old set the triangle sign exclamation mark made an ideal warning symbol. This seems to have been replaced with a 'nuclear' symbol - these don't signify the same thing to me. The red/blue/green arrows, 'i' and '?' buttons/speech bubbles and things like the 'open door', 'no entry' and '+' '-' symbols made a really useful signifier but the new set doesn't appear to have anything equivalent or as simple. After a few attempts at working through 20 or so pages of images and not finding anything as simple and symbolic as the older style icons, I've resorted to copying the v4 icons into a map that I now keep open in v5 so I can copy and paste when needed. It's actually quicker than trying to find something in the new image library.

I don't think the the way the icons are positioned on the branches works as well as it did in v4, it's a bit awkward the way it pushes the text to one end of the branch and doesn't look as good as it did when you could place the icon in the vicinity of the branch as in v4. Also, you can't seem to place multiple icons on one branch now as any new icon added replaces the one that was there already, this is quite limiting.

To be honest I find the style of many of the images in the new library looks quite dated so it would be great if you could add your own images/pictures to the library.

• ladybird81ladybird81 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also miss some of the icons from imindmap 4. One which I really used a lot to mark something important is the (red) exclamation mark. I could even not find one in the image library. There is only one, that isn't useful at all. Hope that is going to improve...

• mariangelscrespomariangelscrespo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Plus I'd like to be able to add up my own images to the library, or at least to give a folder reference for the system to fetch them where they are.

• Alice DinuAlice Dinu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pls be more open:) Allow users to import images if They want u. U Will never offer the same variety Of photos that Google or flickr does.

i spend couple Of days figuring put How to import icons that I want in ur software. I downloaded couple Of hundreds Of icons and I insert them in ur icon folder. It worked - but i gave up using ur systèm because I needed other images. Ur software is not "Y" Generation friendly :( it's simply obsolete..

• Chrissie GibsonChrissie Gibson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The excellent iMindMap software is in danger of being let down by awful icons. I agree with Thomas about than being dated. Additionally the ones for jobs show very stereotipical, cheesy ideas. It denies us the opportunity to create memorable and high quality presentations.

• EduardoEduardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I miss icons being designed to be substitutes for words and ideas used more often. In my daily use, for example, I wish it had icons giving the idea of "different" or "versus", "exception", "more than", "less than", "better", "worse", etc. I see myself constantly having to adapt less useful icons to substitute those ideas.
        It would be really nice to enjoy a bigger set of icons!

• PabloPablo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not even half the icons. And when you add the Icon you should be able to move it from the beginning of the branch to the end of the branch or viceversa like in mind map 4 version.

• ThomasThomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Respectfually, the vector graphics within iMindMap 5 to me appear to be of equivalent quality as I would expect to get free with a late 1990's computer magazine. This especially applies to the central images.

The only type of interactions with them seems very "lite" meaning, you haven't properly set them to resize according to the text they are accomodating with boundaries for the text and a margin. If only for the central ideas, can't you at least trace the central area vs the border of the image so the text doesn't end up touching?

I agree George's description that your approach to vector graphics is pretty limited. @Michael, it is possible to get licences for decent, compressed, scalable vector graphics at prices far lower than iStockPhoto. Otherwise, it's only fair to disclaim this upfront by stating clearly that your product doesn't include a decent array of icons or graphics and these will need to be purchased seperately?

Also, why is the image browser so simple? Why cant I display more than 10 images at a time?

• Michael LandersMichael Landers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

HI George,

the case is that High Quality Pictures and the use of it in a program like iMindMap togehter works - and if you like to have some:
        Purchase it - www.istockphoto.com - there you can get some - i often use them BUT if a company like ThinkBuzan will like to sell such HighQuality Pictures with the program they have to pay extra fee for each and every picutre:

For instance you buy one of this iconlibraries:
        http://www.istockphoto.com/search/lightbox/3952297/#150f2277

Only one of them:
        http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-illustration-5874973-universal-icons-set-4-writing-and-drawing.php?st=5ba50cb

Normal cost: 15 credits

BUT if you add it to a program like iMindMap you have to get an Extended License with Electronic Items for Resale
        Cost: 15 + 125 Credits = 140 Credits

Only for 12 High resolution graphics
        How many graphics they should buy?
        How much High-Res Buttons do you want to have ...
        If ThinkBuzan follows this the program costs are real high and this what you are talking now of is a real joke -
        Even in Graphic Programs like Corel Draw you have not High Quality Graphics -
        O.K. you got thousands and thousands of graphics but High Quality????
        No real professional Graphic program adds real High quality pictures into its program because of this extended licenses and real professionals buying the picture stuff for themselves.

The solution now:
        To have a mix with vectorgraphics and 3D Graphics are O.K. i guess - even if it is not everything my taste but if i want to use better images:
        Thanks to istockphoto and i only have to buy 15 credits for the graphics i really want instead of 140 credits for ThinkBuzan for graphics i maybe can use, but that i do not want and need.

Best Regards
        Michael
        And greater program cost??????

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base