Any ideas you have that don't fit into other categories...

extensibility

lack of options on export renders Word/Excel etc export effectively unusable for me, they don't fit in with corporate templates. don't expect you to do this out of the box, but an extensibility API, scripting, document template or customisable template would suffice. I guess I could parse data.xml but this is not the same as a published interface

5 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
rsettle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • AdminCharlotte (Admin, ThinkBuzan) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi all,

Our Development Team is currently working on significant enhancements to the Export as Word Document feature which we plan to implement in the next iMindMap 5 update.

We'll be sure to let you know when the update is available.

Many thanks,

Charlotte

• christopher Boyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This thread addresses y concern. I endorse Nick Holt's request.
    The export to word function is not very useful as all the text is in the "normal" style.
    Please use headings styles with an outline numbering system and all the notes in normal.
    In this way once imported to word it would be easy to quickly format a document.
    This would be one of my highest requests.

• Nick Holt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a further note ... the "Customize" button allows to enable/disable heading numbering but, as far as I can make out, it has no effect.

• Nick Holt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have decided to add my comment here rather than starting a new topic.

I have been using iMindMap to write an API document for my customer, and have found it to be really fantastic! ... right up to the point where I wish to export it as a Word Document.

As previously commented, everything is in "Normal" Text. .... Wouldn't it be reasonable to export each of the branches as a progressively higher level of "Heading" and the notes as "Normal", or "Bulleted" text etc ... this would at least allow me to easily select all the Level 2 Headings and make any changes to the style globally within Word.

Using iMindMap I have been able to produce the document in a fraction of the time because I've been able to have a clear overview as I've written it, and I have the bonus of the map of the API when I've finished to develop the actual software from.

Using the standard Microsoft Formatting Styles will turbo-charge my productivity even further ... Thanks in Advance,

Nick

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Most people won't be able to use an XML file because they are not developers.

I don't know if you can import your MindMap created in IMM5 into MindManager, but it's export to Word functions work quite well.

• rsettle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hmmm .. the word 2007 export is pretty poor, everything is output using the normal style, meaning outline mode doesn't work, the ToC isn't a Word ToC field. If you export to word 2007, then import it back into iMindMap you get a single central idea with an unreadable comment containing the rest of the document

Feedback and Knowledge Base