Any ideas you have that don't fit into other categories...

Feature: Link Branch to Branch Across M-Maps

LINK BRANCH TO BRANCH ACROSS MAPS - I would like the ability to be able to link branches across mind maps. Association arrows are clunky and also not possible with child mind maps. Multiple maps can end up wanting to point to the same topic but it is WITHIN a mindmap on a specific branch. This would be awesome for flexible navigation.

92 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Chris shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • kiniena Ftsumbrhan Tekie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Network mapping? Please!
        Manuel Lima (ted.com) tells how the human knowledge is connected to make networks. The Porphyrian tree (tree of knowledge, with a central idea and child branches) is not adequate to visualise this network of knowledge. There are alternative ways to mind map knowledge. I would like to be able to make some of the typo grams Lima mentions, including the arc diagram, area grouping, ramifications, scaling circles, and especially organic rhizome (where major ideas are connected to each other and to other ideas i a curvy-liniar way).

Mind map = network map
        In networks there is no single central idea but many important ideas that are connected to each other and everything else. Neurons are connected in a network. Shouldn’t knowledge also be mapped in networks? Can IMindMap programmer geek's make network-mapping possible?

Child map is good
        “Insert Child Map” function of IMindMap makes it possible to make circular ties, where one major idea is connected to other minor ideas. It has served me well.

• Filip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also fully support this as this would help our associations link up without having to check how the mindmaps are linked. Linking mindmaps is easy and straightforward! But trying to figure out how or why they were linked in the first place is a bit time consuming sometimes. This would really help!

• Simon Potton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be an absolute step change in mind mapping. The ability to make sideways connections to other maps would be terrific. Mind maps are brilliantly dendritic, but our brains not only think radiantly, but also make sideways connections ("that reminds me" etc). The function requested would transform mind maps into potential networks and allow all sorts of cross fertilisation between different maps. Wow!

• John Pemberton-Bates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Exactly, and also have potential for relationships to link (so that one can press on one end of the relationship and have the other end pop up (even if in another Map)...

Result means that Maps and Branches can be multidimensional, but also manageable and keep each map relatively - clear and uncluttered.

Feedback and Knowledge Base