Any ideas you have that don't fit into other categories...

Improve responsiveness of iMindMap 10.0.1

Entering information into iMindMap 10.0.1 is slow. Press tab or enter and start typing and iMindMap misses that start of what you type. Press a character to start typing on a branch and you get the first character and then a gap before it picks up on later characters. It looks like version 10 doesn't buffer keyboard input and since performance is poor, way below my typing speed it has made generating mind maps painful. Overall I find it quick to type into Notepad and that cut and past what I have typed into iMindMap. A modern day UI should be much more responsive and handle keyboard buffers in a better way. Pressing a key and waiting for an on screen response is a poor way to interact with this type of program.

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AppGone commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same goes for v11 sluggish when opening and crashed seveal times on basic mindmap file with zero images. Task manager showing 600MB+ needs optimizing. Be goot to get feeback from support on if this is know issue or work in progress.

• Raf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same experience as David. On top of his comments: Opening an existing map takes more than 20 seconds??
        And I'm getting quite frustrated about the product. I've worked before with other versions which were much more responsive...
        Hoping on a solution for this...

Feedback and Knowledge Base