Any ideas you have that don't fit into other categories...

Draw branches from specific parts of the central idea picture.

You should be able to draw branches from specific points of the central idea. For example if I have a picture of the skin I want to be able to draw a branch from the epidermis, from the dermis, etc. In this version and the others it is not possible.

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Pablo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • dpnsw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My addition to this would be to have association arrows be able to terminate on the border of a central idea would be an improvement. Currently if you do an association link and then add an arrow head the arrow head is invisible as it sits under the central idea. I would like to see the arrow being able to anchor to the border of the central idea.
    Also what about launching association links from the border of a boundary.

• christopher Boyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To be able to start branches from multiple origins in the Central idea would be very helpful. This would make it possible to have branches emerging from images in the central idea that would make maps much more "individual" and memorable.
    One way that might be helpful for Pablo and the medical sketches would be to cut the image on transparent background that "hugs" the sketch. The branches will then emerge from different locations following the outline of the sketch (ie you are not constrained to a rectangular perimeter to your image). Using the control points this could be made to make a branch come from the dermis, epidermis, and maybe even a hair follicle. Contact me if you would like to discuss this further (cmboyd@nildram.co.uk)

• Sascha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As I am using pictures, graphs and graphics as central ideas very often, I can understand Pablo's point.
    Branches from a picture as a central image stay invisible till the boarder of the image. I would be gorgeous I one could define the point from where the branch is visible "over" the picture or even start from a certain point within a picture.

• Michael Landers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Pablo,

you can move your branches around by clicking into the blue points and move them around - so you have the full control see this video:

http://www.thinkbuzan.com/uk/support/tutorials/drawing-and-editing-branches

at 6:08 the control of the branch gets explained - even the outgoing positions can be controlled if you move the blue points of the branches around.

Ask if i can help any further

Best Regards
    Michael

• Pablo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have developed more than 1000 maps for medicine and without this feature the program is not good enough for medicine mind maps.

Feedback and Knowledge Base