Any ideas you have that don't fit into other categories...

Adding custom icon

I am using imind map 5. I Icons are a great way to add graphical depth. Is there a way to add new icons(made by me) to icon library of imindmap 5.

130 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Paul Rigney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am a java programmer (which imindmap is written in). There is a .jat file iMindMap 7/bundles/com.thinkbuzan.gaia.iconlibrary_1.3.0.5.jar which contains all the icon files. However adding or changing these icon files does not change anything. If I had the source code for iMindmap I could offer a solution

• Max Falk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! For me (and many of my fellow students who use iMindmap) custom items are crucial!! We are even keeping our eyes open for other mind map programs who can do it.

• Randy Astle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The lack of an extensive collection of icons is very surprising and disappointing. Without a large selection (and the ability to add custom icons) I don't see how Tony Buzan's concept of mind maps can be fully realized in software.
        Users should also be able to add their own icons and be able to associate keywords with each icon in order to quickly find desired icons in what should be a very large set.

• cnrd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! Even if there is a specific folder one can add you own images and use it icons.

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So 4 years after my original post this is still not solved?

And then remembering that in version 4 you could add your own icons...

• Rosanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree! I am making a CV with version 8 and it would be easier to be able to have many more icons instead of using images (it messes up distances of my branches and images are way too big.

even if it wouldn't be custom, there are missing standard icons like: the i that stands for information, a house icon, professions/ tools, animals (for my study), a think cloud.. please make this!

• sentinel777 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please I need to customize my own icons cause I want to use a graphic tablet with Imindmap 7.
        Please do something on behalf of my creativity and myself.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something you really should have by now. This request was started a few years ago! You just did a fairly large upgrade for 6.2. Adding access to a folder so that we could customize the icons - especially since you were adding web ability - you had to know we would want to customize with our own icons. Please, please, please add!

• Stephen Kunkel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add support for custom icons!

This is often handled by programmers via an optional folder such as "C:\Program Files\Think Buzan\iMindmap\Custom Icons."

It would be especially useful if the current categories (i.e. Symbols, Flags, Numbers . . . . Project) were stored as subfolders of said "Custom Icons" folder. One could then add homemade icons to any category, or even add a new category altogether!

Thanks for considering this :)

• Ed commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My original post asking the possibility to add custom icons dates from april 19, 2011.
        Still under review?

Ed

• NicT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great if you could add your own vector based graphics to you libriary. Would also be good to add your own categories. I've just noted that there are a couple of post on this feature... (Moderator) should they be combined??

• NicT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly agree that the product is great but the ability to add custom icons and custom icon categories would give the product significant depth and also the ability to be adapted to use with specific contexts or industries.

• christopher Boyd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an issue I have just requested on another thread in the forum. Being able to add our own icons is essential as the current ones available do not respond to many of my needs

• Carl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must be very easy to do and I have heard a lot of talk about this coming up, but my fingers are wearing out through twiddling.

Feedback and Knowledge Base