Any ideas you have that don't fit into other categories...

Powerpoint integration

For a presentation it would be nice to have the possibility to integrate a powerpoint-viewer into a branch. If the task is reached the PP starts smooth.At the end of the PP the normal mindmap-presentation still in process.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
michel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tom Andries commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find the build in presentation mode great. Is it that hard ti export it to a poweroint format once done?

• Kai-Juergen Lietz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love that kind of integration. It really bugs me, that I have to push the resume button after returning from a Powerpoint-Link. If only the resume button vanished after clicking the "next" button on your presenter. :-|

• Michael Landers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Chris - again: I think of a real partnership of iStockphoto and ThinkBuzan - and i know that there are real great benefits on both sites - and if you offer a solution where every 3rd or 2nd iMindMap User will become a iStockPhoto-User or get their credits cheaper if they login with a ThinkBuzan Code it is so great and the normal ppt-export mode will be a AAA+ Class solution for every presenter who still uses PPT.

Best Regards
    Michael

@Chris:
    One idea - a perfect solution would be:
    For each branch a new Slide and a link inside this slide to www.istockphoto.com or any other photodatabase - which shows directly the perfect picture for the Branch-Title - instead of .i.e.

Business:
    - Consumer
    - Software-Solutions

and further you have one Slide for Business - wich shows this Title and inside it a picture with the keyword Business is shown:
    http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-12204568-people-interacting.php?st=c060e32

or the summary section is shown:
    http://www.istockphoto.com/search/text/business/source/basic#4790e97

Then for every further keyword you find the other ones like
    http://www.istockphoto.com/stock-photo-6413485-excited-shopping-woman.php?st=2b07117 for Consumer

With this togehter combined with a afilliate partnership with istockphoto you push iMindMap to a tool that offers a perfect solution for business customers who need to present not only with the presenting mode AND it has a lot of income for ThinkBuzan that is one thing i am totally shure of.

Best Regards
    Michael

Hi michel,

the PPT integration is more than a poor, poor joke.
    Thinkbuzan has a philosophy to go for both parts of the brain - to make their product "mind-friendly" but if you look at an exportet ppt file a boring, left-brain-side-targeting presentation comes out -

- bullet
    - after
    - bullet
    - after
    - bullet

And this much to close on the left-margin-side of the PPT file

What has this todo with presentations - that is so far from a presentation just like linear-thinking and
    has to do with MindMapping - A presentation of today is not a bulletpoint event anymore like it was 2000 - it should be an optical eye-present and even adresses the right side of the brain.

ThinkBuzan could go for it and show by make those bullet-point-shootings much more a reflection of their philosophy and go for well designed and right-side targeted presentation output...

This is a wish of mine as someone who teaches daily how to make better presentations and always tell the people to go for the right side of a brain in presentations just like Tony Buzan who always telling why a branch should not be a straight line and boring colourless.

Best Regards
    Michael

Feedback and Knowledge Base