Any ideas you have that don't fit into other categories...

Color choose palette [Mac]

When the color of the branch or the text is selected, Color choose palette of the Mac OS X standard is displayed.
When the operation of the selection of the branch color was going to be done many times, and to select the same color, this is very inconvenient. Because there are a lot of choices.
I want you to make it to a palette of Ver.4 and a simple same thing.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
kmasaaki shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's really disappointing to see that this functionality is still not fixed in the Mac version, especially as this has been quite a pricey upgrade after a period of time where I would have expected this to be resolved.

I don't understand why it's taking so long to implement a basic colour palate as it's functionality that already exists in the note text colour selector and it pre-existed in version 4.

There seems to be more focus on adding new features such as with 3D mode rather than improving basic functionality like this. It's more of a priority for me to be able to map quickly and efficiently than to see what I'm doing in 3D, as nice as all that looks.

I thought there was meant to be an aggressive update policy, it seems to be the opposite as I've been waiting for over a year now for the original V4 functionality to be returned.

Thanks

Ryan

• AdminCharlotte (Admin, ThinkBuzan) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Ryan,

Yes of course, I agree.

We have been working on it today in the office and in that sense, Windows and Mac users should have access to the same features.

I can assure you it will be reolved in one of our future updates!

Many thanks,

Charlotte

Hi Charlotte,

As well as recent colours being saved, a more basic colour pallate of 16 or so colours would be more user friendly (as in the branch notes colour selector) with a button to select a more extensive palatte if needed.

I think the problem with relying on the current palatte to save the colours you choose is that through trying out colours you will end up saving ones you don't want to use which will eventually make selection difficult agan.

Thanks

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

My apologies, I gave you instructions for windows.

I completely understand what you mean now - the recent colours don't save so you have to guess which colour you used last from the colour box.

This is obviously a bug which I've discussed with the development team - I can assure you they are working to get this fixed as soon as possible!

Many thanks,

Charlotte

Hi Charlotte,

I'm currently on version 5.2.0 and the help updater tells me I'm fully up to date but I don't see the features you mention. It sound's like you are referring to the Windows version but I'm on Macintosh. In the font or branch colour picker there are no options for Theme Colours, 'Standard Colours' or 'More colours'. Is the Mac version lacking features compared to Windows?

Hi Ryan,

iMindMap 5 does have a colour picker, simply highlight the desired branch and click on the branch symbol on the 'Formatting' tab within 'Home'. The arrow to the right of this will direct you to a selection of Theme Colours, 'Standard Colours' and 'More colours'. 'More colours' will take you to a more comprehensive colour palette.

I would suggest that you ensure you are updated to iMindMap 5.2. For help or information on how to update, go to:
    http://blog.thinkbuzan.com/imindmap/how-to-update-imindmap-5

This update will enable you to create 'Custom Styles', so that you are able to set the colour of the branches according to your own preferences at any point during your Mind Mapping. These styles can then be saved and used at any time.

Many thanks,

Charlotte

Feedback and Knowledge Base