Any ideas you have that don't fit into other categories...

E-learning Courses

iMindMap used to boast a feature called "E-learning Course". I never had the opportunity to try it out.

However, I have always been appealed by the idea of authoring and sharing a course as a set of mindmaps. Isn't learning one of the pivotal uses of mindmaps ?

Are there any plans to implement this feature in iMindMap 5 ?

Such a feature would allow one to :
- Bundle mindmaps and associated resources (like the Pack & Go feature) ;
- Allow students to browse the course easily and offline.

I am looking forward to reading the comments of mindampping teachers and learners.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Alexis Van Espen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alexis Van Espen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you for your prompt answer, Charlotte. Allow me to add a pinch of salt… and hopefully trigger some reactions.

This feature wouldn't need to be labeled as "e-learning" nor be used in this peculiar way. Other uses of such a tool might include :

- Sharing a showcase about your work of achievements (to be sent to a recruiter or published on your website) ;
    - A guided tour of your products or company ;
    - A recipe book... How convenient would it be to follow a recipe as a mindmap !
    - An e-book for children... Provocative or stimulating for the parents who would have to reinvent the story each time with the child.

Could you think of other potential uses for a revamped version of an "e-learning course" ?

Technically, the end reader shouldn't need a license of iMindMap to browse the maps and associated resources. Nonetheless, s/he should be able to expand or collapse branches, zoom in / zoom out, focus in/ focus out. Editing the maps would be excluded.

A lot of those requirements are already available through iMindMap Online, aren't they ?

But the latter is designed primarily as a standalone collaborative tool. A new "e-learning course" would be available offline, and most of all could be embedded in your own website…

What Google Maps made for streets, iMindMap could achieve for the brain.

That's why I suggest calling this (potential) feature "embebbed maps" instead of "e-learning".

• AdminCharlotte (Admin, ThinkBuzan) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Alexis,

Indeed, the e-Learning Course was a feature of iMindMap version 4.

Unfortunately, the feature didn't prove to be particularly popular and it was removed in iMindMap 5.

Unfortunately, the e-Learning Course doesn't seem to have been missed, so we don't have any plans to reinstate such a features. However, it would be interesting to see if there is any demand on this subject from this thread.

Many thanks for your feedback,

Charlotte

Feedback and Knowledge Base