Any ideas you have that don't fit into other categories...

Typing math equations

It would be great if imind-map allows typing of math equations on branches. Right now it is only user-friendly to the business world.

197 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

23 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Eric Man commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a solution for inserting maths equation symbols such as pi, r square? Is sqaure root symbol possible to be inserted. There is no reply on this thread from ThinkBuzan yet.

• daniel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

add stylus pen in mind-map
        for example edit online mind map in android phone
        and use s-pen galaxy note for write math equation

good luck

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I am a high school math teacher, but also the Buzan mind map of the certification. At present,  in the work process,1 often insert a mathematical formula, but this is to insert a picture, it is proposed that, in each branch can directly enter the mathematical formula. This not only in mathematics, we believe that in science are applied, as we work to provide a more convenient. thank you

• Ian Andries commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is simply impossible to copy/paste a MathType formula into iMindMap, making this program unfit to study Math or Physics.

a function so you can input formules in the correct way.
        now a chemistry formule looks likes this NH3+H20->NH4+ + OH-

• jegelie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this functionality, to be able to paste mathematical or chemical markup into iMindMap.
        If this program is business targeted only, then economists are in bad luck too...

• Sovia Haryati commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

if i need equation, so i change that symbol to .jpg, after that copy paste tu branch. thats work

hi i'm an engineering student and I use iMindmap for my study. It would be nice if I could insert mathematical equations into my mindmaps. Hope this feature comes out real soon!

• dave.isha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on how to include mathematical expressions ? I find myself stuck to copy/paste method. Any ideas from other users would be welcome.

Agree with all here - but would be happy as a first step, if copy/paste of math and chemical expressions were possible from such as MS Word - into branch labels, notes and other text fields. Using screen shots as suggested below seems far too onerous!

Even if the actual formatting options were not initially available within iMindMap, supporting them from elsewhere would go a long way.

• Stephanie Dittmann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add my suport to this request, but until the font preferences allow the users to save a font for the entire map with a single click it would almost be redundant to allow the import, because it is counter productive from a time management perspective if users must reselect the font or library for every branch created. This is a nuisance now, and I can't imagine having to reselect the same font library hundreds of times a semester.

• Mohammed Haboubi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

hi
        well, you may be able to solve this problem if you have a software that takes screen shots
        so you can write your equations in ms word and take a shot for it and then you go to imindmap and insert it as image

hope this help

the site said "home and student" so why in a tool for student we can't use any equation, or math symbol! please include this in an update!

The more I use imindmap 6 the more i realise how important it is to have functionality to be able to type math symbols. Please include this in an update.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base