Any ideas you have that don't fit into other categories...

Ability to search for MindMaps and search keywords within your mindmaps

I would like the ability for you to introduce a search mechanism within your devices (ipad, ipad, desktop etc) so that I can can search:
- for mindmaps within folders,
- keywords within my mindmaps
- 1st branch
- 2nd branch
- 3rd branch etc

I would also like the results page to show where the keywords appear in my mindmaps so that I could potentially link the mindmaps together. e.g. the word 'car' appears in "Automobiles mindmap; Weekend mindmap"

For example, if I was working as a Project Manager renovating multiple houses, I might create a branch related to an issue of damp that I found in one of my houses and may want to search other projects that I worked on that also experienced issues with damp.
Isn't that how the mind works, central image sparks multiple ordinal thoughts that are inter-related. All I'm asking is connecting those branches from multiple mind maps together or at the least the ability to find them within your app.

116 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DarrenDarren shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DavidDavid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was surprised that using the desktop search features I can pull up all documents related to a topic except my mind maps. This omission, presumably of an appropriate iFilter, limits my use of mind maps as a medium to long term repository. If I want to find them again easily always have to export mind maps into other formats. This omission makes it difficult to use iMindMap as part of a standard working toolset.

• Patrick TaylorPatrick Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to search for a word within my mind maps is a vital requirement for me. I love this app but each time I need to find a previous reference to an idea that doesn't appear in the title of a Map I am totally stuck, short of a lengthy manual search!

• FilipFilip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would really help in workshops on creativity. Finding out where alternatives are, or concepts, challenges etc. This can improve the efficiency of creativity workshops.

• GrantGrant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must feature and I can't believe that iMind map doesn't come with this already. I have over 100 mind maps and often want to link them across each other. Evernote has been a massive success and its searching tool is one of the mai. Reasons why I use that application over my iMindmap app. I won't upgrade to the desktop version until this is included.

• shaunshaun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like this, since it's often difficult to find where particular formulas, key words etc are located within previous maps. i think this option was available in one of the earlier imindmaps, but for some reason it got taken out!!

• SimionSimion commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully support the idea. See the string 'Link branch-to-branch across m-Maps', on which I also commented. Anything that allows searching and linking across and between different mind-maps would be of huge benefit. A N Other quasi-mind mapping app provide this functionality, down to individual branch level, both linking across and searching - but it can't hold a candle to iMindMap in terms of organic nature, colour etc. However, if iMindMaps had this kind of function it would absolutely transform the way they could be used, opening up extremely creative possibilities e.g the example above e.g linking a person/contact who appears in different mind maps e.g. linking common attributes such as a timeline (e.g. all the branches or MindMaps related to year 2012) - etc etc.

Feedback and Knowledge Base