Any ideas you have that don't fit into other categories...

Provide a way to change printing preferences

My default printer settings are set to print in gray scale. However, I often want to print my mindmaps in full color.

Could you provide a way to manipulate my printer settings very much as I would be able to do in for example MS Word or Excel?

65 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    dutchiedutchie shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a user since 4 years but this is really a BIG problem. Why this isn't fixed in v8??

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've used imindmap for years and have a bit of a love / hate relationship with it. The print functionality is truly rubbish. We've just had a new business machine that can print on A3 and within imindmap you get no access to any of the print drivers, so I can't select the paper tray, colour options. In this regard it's rubbish and really lets the software down.
        This was highlighted as an issue 2 years ago (can't remember what version we were on then), I first bought v4 and upgraded through every version and now on v8 (as well as buying additional licenses for colleagues) and it's still not fixed! I know I can work round it, but it's inefficient and time consuming and frankly not good enough. I will not be paying to upgrade to any more version until you sort this out.

• PhillAdminPhill (Admin, ThinkBuzan) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi All,

Many thanks for the feedback.

We are currently aware of this issue and I do agree that default printer settings is an option that should be displayed when printing Mind Maps through iMindMap.

We are working on updates to the printing feature of iMindMap and will be sure to let you know once an update has been implemented.

Again we appreciate yours suggestions.

Best regards,

Phill

• Mohammed HaboubiMohammed Haboubi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

may be you can export your Mindmap as an Image
        then Print this Image the way you want
        If you have Photoshop you can change the scale of an Image, for example to print the Image to A4 paper size, you have to change the Diamentions to 297mm*210mm
        note: by exporting the mindmap to Image you have the Maximum Resolution3500 Pixel by 3500 Pixel, if choose this Resolution, you have to edit the Diamation in Photoshop
        note2: if you don't have photoshop, try to insert the Image in word doucument and the change the Daimentions as Desired

Hope this Help

• Andrew SteeleAndrew Steele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I have the same issue. My colour printer prints in Black and white by default. Every other programme on my PC allows me to access the native printer driver settings to switch to colour for a specific document. But not, it seems, iMindMap. Poor do...

• Andrew SteeleAndrew Steele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I have the same issue. My colour printer prints in Black and white by default. Every other programme on my PC allows me to access the native printer driver settings to switch to colour for a specific document. But not, it seems, iMindMap. Poor do...

• Randy BakerRandy Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my case, our System Administrators have the color options locked to Black and White by default, and you can only specifiy a color print job at the time you click print. This requires that the Printer Properties option be available to make device specific changes.

The workaround is to export to a file, and then print the file natively within the File Viewer where Printer Properties are available. The workaround is kludgy though.

Feedback and Knowledge Base